The days are getting longer everyday now, everything is greener, and we can see some flowers coming out already! It feels so great! This month Chef Caroline wanted to share with you her delicious potato salad. This salad is a perfect side dish for summer, especially on those BBQ nights. It is fresh and colorful. Did you know that potatoes go well with vinegar and dill? That’s why Chef added dill pickle in the recipe. It gives a nice little kick to it. We hope that you fall in love with this potato salad as much as we did.
- 1Kg red potatoes, diced (see note)
- 1/3 Cup dill pickle, small diced
- ¼ Cup red pepper, small diced
- ¼ Cup yellow pepper, small diced
- ¼ Cup green pepper, small diced
- ¼ Cup chives, chopped
- ½ C mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons old fashion mustard
- 2 Tablespoons dill pickle juice
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Hard-boiled eggs, quartered. (optional)
In a pot with salted water, boil the potatoes until they are just tender. Drain and cool them down in the fridge.
Mix the cold potatoes with the pickle, peppers and the chives. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, the pickle juice and salt and pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are combined. Gently add the eggs and adjust seasoning.
Note: You can peel or not peel the potatoes, depends on your liking. Red potatoes are preferred for this salad as they will hold better after boiling.
The Central Kitchen Team